First of all, I am so happy to be included in this fab group of hot-in-2012-designers featured on Elledecor.com (and a little mention in this month's issue too!). What an honor!


Second of all, today I'm thrilled to be reliving the glory days of suburban living! I've rented a mini van and my friend and I will hit the road for some antiquing down the Jersey Shore (a mecca of midcentury furniture shopping). Technically I'm on the clock and working, but I hope to snag some pieces for myself while we're out hunting. I've been going hard for a while now and I think some shopping therapy is just what the doctor ordered!

Here are some of the pieces I'm planning to scope out today.











PS One of my personal rules of decorating: Have at least one piece of mid century furniture in each room, but no more than 50% of the total pieces can be midcentury unless you really (and I mean REALLY) know what your doing. (e.g. Jonathan Adler) To get a good mix, everything else in the room should be either super old and trad or relatively new and either trad or quirky. As much as I love midcentury stuff, if you break the 50% rule, it gets all I Dream of Jeannie/Dick Van Dyke/Bewitched really fast. You know what I mean?

Have you been antiquing on the Jersey Shore? I'd love some can't-miss recommendations!

Like this on Facebook
Follow Jenny on Twitter
 
Top