I know it's officially been fall for a few weeks now, but I am still mourning the passing of summer. I blinked and it was over! I didn't even have a chance to get sick of the heat. It came and went so fast I didn't really even put away my winter clothes! This week there is definitely a chill in the air and we've started wearing layers again. Sigh. :(

I was daydreaming about all the things I love about warm weather and I remembered these photos from a party we had on our rooftop.


Balloons are such a cheap and easy way to decorate, and they're even cheaper if you don't have them filled with helium! Party stores usually sell balloons flat for about 10 cents each. I picked up six of each in ivory, peach, baby pink, medium pink, neon pink, dark pink and maroon.


I blew up the balloons myself (and almost passed out in the process - scary feeling on top of a roof, btw) and then I poked a hole with a knife in the leftover portion below the knot.


Then I threaded a 5-foot piece of twine through the new hole and knotted the twine to secure the balloon. Then just repeated with 4-6 balloons of the same color per string, spaced about 8" apart.


Then I hung the strings of balloons in an ombre pattern on our gazebo/trellis thing. It would be just as easy to string another piece of twine between two trees, etc.


Fun, cheap and easy! It made a thrown-together dinner party feel really special.
 
Top