I get bored of furniture really fast, but sometimes it just doesn't make sense to move or get rid of a perfectly fine piece of furniture, especially when it's functional and fits a space well. I was super bored of this console last month, but before I looked into replacing it with something else or painting it another color, I switch out the hardware on the top drawer with these brass ring pulls from eBay (you can see the old knobs here) and BAM. I like the console again!


I'm sort of funny about hardware. I love taking a peek at Anthropologie's offerings because their hardware section is like bins of gorgeous candy - all glossy and colorful! But when it comes down to it, I feel like most of the knobs they have are best suited for a kid's room. I prefer hardware to be a little more simple - mostly metallics and usually just one or two colors.

Here are some of my favorite classic and quirky pieces out there right now. I'd stick with more classic pulls on a colorful/funky piece of furniture and consider the quirky options for a super tame piece (maybe something you kept wood, or painted all white or black).


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11




1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11

 
Top