I picked up this mid-century abstract oil painting at the flea market a while back. I liked it enough but it definitely wasn't love. I bought it for about $20, so I figured I could make something hang-worthy out of it.


When I got it home, I knew it had to be changed. The colors looked so, so drab with my mustard rug and ivory sofa. So using just a couple tubes of oil paints, I mostly went right over the top of artist's patterns and just brightened up the drab colors. So easy! And it looked like a brand new painting in just a couple minutes. :)



Top and bottom images were a part of the photo shoot we did last week at the loft. Photography by Nicole Franzen and styling by Kendra Smoot. I'm going to be showing more images from that shoot this week while we are getting unpacked at the brownstone.
 
Top