The holidays are in full swing around here! The tree is up and the house is mostly decorated. But I have some work to do because we're having a little dinner party tonight! The timing is perfect because I am participating in the Mark and Graham challenge with a few other bloggers.
Mark and Graham is the newest line from Williams-Sonoma and they focus mostly on personalized home decor. I was asked to style a table with these blue napkins that just happen to work with some of my vintage china perfectly! And I will always and forever love the green squiggle pattern on the salad plates.


Since my new dining room has lots of blues and periwinkle, I decided to run with those colors for the party decor. Even though pink/purple/blue is not usually what you'd think of for a holiday party! The blue tumblers are also from Mark and Graham. The opalescent goblets are vintage (my girls call them the rainbow glasses).  :)


This is the first dinner party we'll have at our new table, so I wasn't sure how to approach the table cloth/place mat situation. So I tried something a little different. I bought six black poster boards and cut and glued them together to fit just right. I like how it accentuates the unique shape of the table instead of covering it all up.


Then I used some neon pink washi tape to trim out the top and bottom.



For the center, I gathered up a bunch of crystal and glass candle holders. I had a few on hand, but I did buy some of these. (The shapes!)



Since there was no place to put a floral arrangement in the center of the table, I decided to make little ones for each place setting. ABC Kitchen does something similar in mismatched, tiny little bottles. So I stopped by the thrift store and bought six (very dirty?) glass bottles.


I used teeny tiny flowers like wild roses, small parrot tulips and even a little baby's breath (I know, shocking!).


I cut down these chalkboard tags from Mark and Graham into little waving flag shapes for the place cards. As a side note, have you tried chalk pens? AMAZING.


I put the beverages on the skirted console. The monogrammed carafe is holding my favorite - sparkling grapefruit juice. Yum.



Trader Joe's was selling these great boxwood wreaths last week for $10 each. I hung them up using some vintage trim I bought at SAS last time we were in Arizona.



So excited for this dinner now! 

Have you seen my fellow blogger-lady's tables? I love how each of us went in completely different directions. Check them all out here - Coco+KelleyEmily HendersonCamille StylesSacramento Street.

Now for the important part (you know, the part where you can win stuff). Mark and Graham is giving away a $500 gift certificate if you stop by their FB page and vote on which table setting you like the most. Think of all the goodies you could get for $500! Think of all the future dinner parties! 

 
Top