What a tragic weekend. I'm sure you all have similarly shed tears over the horrible news coming from Connecticut yesterday. After being glued to media all day, I felt completely overwhelmed and raw and heart-broken for those poor families.  So I turned off the tv and shut my laptop and I held my little ones tight, feeling just thankful they were safe. Isn't it hard to find a balance of staying informed and not getting fully absorbed in events that are completely out of your control?

I was supposed to post a holiday give away yesterday the same hour I heard about the Newtown incident and it only seemed right to push it back. I'll be putting it up later today and then I'm taking the girls out for a walk and hot chocolate. I'm looking forward to letting go of some of these sad and fearful emotions. I hope you're salvaging your weekend too. xoxo

 
Top